Power of the Streets
NewsSociety & Culture
Power of the Streets is a podcast about how we speak truth to power. In a series of intimate interviews, host Audrey Kawire Wabwire brings us the achievements and stories of the young people driving Africa’s human rights movement. In our first season we're hearing from some of the people who are rising up and leading the #MeToo movement in Africa. Everyone we speak to has a second, a minute, an hour, when they realize they need to stand up and make a change.
8. Politics TooBy engaging with politics, citizens can demand justice and good governance from their governments and leaders. But women political activi...PlayShare
7. Stand UpStudent leader Ruth Yitbarek wants more Ethiopian women to understand their rights and speak up for themselves. She speaks about the Yell...PlayShare
6. Where The Heart IsHow do you prove that the home you fled was unsafe, if you could never report the violence you faced there? Thomars Shamuyarira is a Zimb...PlayShare
5. Taking On The TrollsWhat’s it like being a vocal African woman online? Entrepreneur Carol Ndosi discusses the importance of women’s voices on the internet in...PlayShare
4. Truth To PowerIt’s not easy standing up to the most powerful man in the country, but that is what Toufah Jallow did when she accused Gambia’s former pr...PlayShare